Re: [Help-glpk] Solving two optimization problems using the same model

From: Robbie Morrison
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Solving two optimization problems using the same model
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 07:24:06 +1300

Hi Eduardo, all

To:           address@hidden
Subject:      [Help-glpk] Solving two optimization problems using the same
From:         Eduardo Le?n <address@hidden>
Date:         Sat, 2 Mar 2013 12:59:11 -0500

> I want to make a model to solve two interrelated
> minimization problems.  Both problems are largely
> the same: they are defined in terms of the same
> sets, are parametrized by the same data, have the
> same decision variables and largely the same
> constraints. The only differences between the two
> problems are:

[snip]

I saw Marc Meketon's suggestion which exactly
answered your original question.

But I also had another thought.  Why not place
your model under 'git' and run two branches:
'mod1' and 'mod2'.  Switching between the two is a
simple call, for instance: $ git checkout mod2.

Updates to one model (read branch) can be easily
transferred to (merged with) the other.  You can
read the objective value generated by 'mod1' from
the 'mod2' branch with some scripting (perhaps
bash, perl, python) and duly update your local
'mod2' MathProg file.

might be of some use? Robbie
---
Robbie Morrison
PhD student -- policy-oriented energy system simulation
Technical University of Berlin (TU-Berlin), Germany
University email (redirected) : address@hidden
Webmail (preferred)           : address@hidden
[from Webmail client]