Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: No mod or round function available for variables]

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: No mod or round function available for variables]
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 12:51:42 -0500

Assuming that x must be an integer, wouldn't

param maxPallets := 11;
var x integer, <= maxPallets;
s.t. x >= maxPallets/2;

do the job? Having said this, I'm wondering about the overall formulation of this problem. It would seem that you want x to be an integer that is either 0, or greater than 50% of the container capacity. That's an example of a semicontinuous (semi-integer?) variable.  Below is a link to a simple model allocating pallets to containers subject to this type of constraint.

Jeff

pallet to container model