[Help-glpk] 4.48 vs 4.47

From: Patrik Dufresne
Subject: [Help-glpk] 4.48 vs 4.47
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 20:05:54 -0400

Hi,

May someone give me an explanation about why the same problem run with glpk 4.38 is faster then glpk 4.47 ?

GLPK Version

Iteration

Time used

4.37

6507

3.6 secs

4.38

6496

5.5 secs

4.39

23708

22.1 secs

4.40

23708

22.1 secs

4.41

23708

23.6 secs

4.42

45540

64.6 secs

4.43

45540

64.4 secs

4.44

45540

60.7 secs

4.45

45540

60.3 secs

4.46

45540

61.5 secs

4.47

45540

61.0 secs

Run with
./glpsol --intopt --fpump --cpxlp min-all-swappable-task1

See my dropbox for all the results and the problem file
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ja2myngas5lorow/oUTkkFxW5N/glpk-438-vs439

Looking at the change log, the only related modification I see that may impact the number of iteration if the reimplementation of glp_read_lp(). Thanks for your comments.

Patrik Dufresne