Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPK - Vehicle routing problem with time window(VR

From: Jeffrey Kantor
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: GLPK - Vehicle routing problem with time window(VRPTW)]
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:22:02 -0400

Hi Vina,

As luck would have it, recently I've been working on an example much like this. Please look at the web page http://www3.nd.edu/~jeff/mathprog/mathprog.html# under the examples>Transportation/Assignment/Vehicle Routing with Time Windows menu item. This is a hypothetical scheduling problem for a single aircraft.

There are lot of different ways to set up the time windows.  This example uses slack variables for early/late arrival/departures in order to assure feasibility.  The subtour elimination uses an idea from Andrew Makhorin in the tsp.mod example from the glpk distribution.

Jeff