Re: [Help-glpk] Solving pure IP by calling MIP solver gives wrong status

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Solving pure IP by calling MIP solver gives wrong status
Date: Tue, 04 Jun 2013 11:32:29 +0400

> I see, I'll try to call mip status instead.
>
> But it doesn't explain why the lp relaxation status is GLP_OPT,
> clearly lp relaxation is infeasible.

You may write your instance to a text file in human-readable format with
glp_write_lp, solve it with glpsol, and check the solution.

> Does GLPK add something like 0*continuous_variable when all integers
> are indicated?

No, it doesn't. However, internally for each row glpk introduces one
auxiliary variable (similar to slack) which is continuous. For more
details please see the glpk reference manual, Chapter "Advanced API
Routines", Section "Background".