[Help-glpk] [Fwd: MathProg to Cplex problem]

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: MathProg to Cplex problem]
Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:25:08 +0400

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: address@hidden
To: address@hidden
Subject: MathProg to Cplex problem
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2014 11:24:10 +0200

Hi All,

I'm a new user of both Cplex and Glpsol, and i'm currently facing a
strange problem which you guys might know how to go through. I want to
convert a MathProg file into cplex formulation so that i can solve it
faster.

I use the simple command : glpsol -m model.mod -d data.dat --check
--wcpxlp model.lp   which works fine.

The problem is that in model.lp, my binary variables from model.mod are
not defined as binary variables but with bounds such that :  0 <= x(1,1)
<= 1 and as Generals x(1,1).

My question is : Is there a way to automatically convert integer variables
from model.mod into BINARY variables in model.lp ? Indeed, i could remove
the bounds and define the variables as BINARY and not Generals but i would
have a lot of manipulations to do as i've got lots of benchs

More over, i get the feeling that this would make my PLNE easier to solve.

Many Thanks,

Regards,

- Sébastien M