Re: [Help-glpk] Solving linear/nonlinear systems of equations via glpk

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] Solving linear/nonlinear systems of equations via glpk
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2014 23:06:54 -0500 (CDT)

On Tue, 29 Apr 2014, Fatih Gürdal wrote:

In an academic paper it is claimed finding all solutions to non linear
systems of equations by using glpk.There, dual simplex method is said to
use.

For the general case, color me dubious.
Some problem classes are inherently unsolvable.

My question is how we can define this problem in glpk to have the solutions.
In other words how can we define a problem about solving systems of
linear/nonlinear equations using glpk?

GLPK does continous and integer linear programming.
Iterative programming can get you a bit more,
but I expect that even among solvable problems,
iterative MILP is not suitable for some.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"SCSI is NOT magic. There are *fundamental technical