Re: [Help-glpk] csv_driver:unable to create ....csv - Permission denied

From: Martin Albrecht
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] csv_driver:unable to create ....csv - Permission denied
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 15:03:20 +0100

Dear all,

many thanks for your comments.

My OS is Windows 7.

I will try to describe the program more in detail:
- The overall idea is to simulate a production planing done in rolling schedule
- The main routine is in Java. Here I generate test data that I export into a couple of.csv.-files. There is only a (public static void) main routine in Java, no other thread. For each csv.-file I do a .close Statement after finishing the writing.
- After generating the .csv-files the routine calls a GLPK model (see the source code of my first post)
- The GLPK model reads in the .csv-files and exports the solution into other .csv. files
- Then the Java program reads in these csv. files, does some operations on the data and generates new output .csv files that are read in by GLPK and so on.

After some iterations I get the mentioned error. Not always for the same .csv-file, sometimes also for a different one, and in a different iteration. This would indicate that Nigel is right. However, I could not detect other processes than my Java main routine (and other open programs like Eclispe) using the tool suggsted by Nigel.

Do you have some further ideas on that?

Martin

Let us assume the OS is Windows in which case 113 means the system has
run out of file handles. Normally you can open a file to read even if
something else has it open for writing. I would suggest installing
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/bb896653 and observe
which processes are opening so many files then fixing the code.