Re: [Help-glpk] gmpl manual

From: Andres Collart
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] gmpl manual
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 18:46:18 +0000 (UTC)

Brady Hunsaker <bkh <at> member.fsf.org> writes:

> For modeling language tools, there are few that are free software.  GMPL
> is a good choice.  The other two that I know of off-hard are FLOPC++
> (based in C++) and PuLP (based in Python).  I haven't used either of
> these personally.

In addition to PuLP for Python I'd recommend Pyomo. That one is made by
Sandia Natl. Labs in the DoE and is also free. It also contains many
extensions (for stochastic programming, parallelization, etc.). Also
switching between solvers is a one line change from 'gurobi' to 'glpk'. I've
used it for my masters thesis extensively.