Re: [Help-glpk] reincarnation of tspsol

From: Chris Matrakidis
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] reincarnation of tspsol
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 12:19:16 +0300

> To avoid this, the rounding heuristic should be disabled.
> Unfortunately, there is no control parameter for this in glp_iocp, so
> I'm attaching an awful hack to disable it from the tspsol callback.
> This is only in case anyone gets an "Assertion failed: kk <= n" error
> and wants to check if this is the reason, I would advise against using
> it for any other reason.

Probably the fact of specifying the callback routine can be used as a
flag to disable primal heuristics, because the callback routine itself
is able to apply heuristics performing necessary feasibility checks.

I don't like the idea of disabling primal heuristics when a callback routine is used: This is the only case where I can see a problem, while I can think of many scenarios where the heuristics are desirable together with a callback.

My preference is to have a flag in glp_iocp to enable the rounding heuristic (like fp_heur and ps_heur) that would be enabled by glp_init_iocp() but the user can then disable. Alternatively (or perhaps additionally), there could be a global flag to disable all heuristics.

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis