[Help-glpk] Generating a Gomory cut and inserting it into a Linear Progr

From: Renan Silva
Subject: [Help-glpk] Generating a Gomory cut and inserting it into a Linear Program
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2016 11:18:00 -0200

Hello,

I am a computer science student, I am mainly interested in Integer Linear Programming and I learning it, I am mainly using GLPK as a learning tool.

For now I am working with cutting planes algorithm and I am interested in using the GLPK cutting plane generation routines.

I was able to locate the functions that generate Gomory's Mixed Integer and the Mixed Integer Rounding cuts in the files glpios0{5,6}.c.

What I am trying to do is to access the cuts generated by those functions so that I can use it. ideally I would like to work only with the model without having to use the tree.

The first thing that I tried to do is to manually create a tree with only a node, which is the linear program that I am working on and directly call the ios_gmi_gen function. However this function adds the generated cuts to the cut pool and what I want to do is to add it directly to the model. I guess that the function gen_cut (defined on the glpios05.c file) would be better suited to my needs, since it is the function that generates the cut associated with the variable.

Another problem that I am facing is that I am unable to access those functions directly.

What should I do to get the cuts? Ideally I would like to have them returned to me so that I can inspect it and them add to the linear program.

TL;DR; I want to have returned to me the gmi and mir cuts generated.

Ps: My English is self taught so I apologize in advance for any errors.

Thank you for your time.