Re: [Help-glpk] quadruple precision

From: Michael Hennebry
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] quadruple precision
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2016 10:41:31 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016, zephod wrote:

Does GLPK support quadruple precision for floating point operations? If yes,
how to enable it? If
not, could it be achieved by textually replacing the types in the whole source?
  Kind Regards,  Placek

GLPK has double built in.
I expect a global change to long double would
get you most of the way to long double.
Input, output and literal constants would still need fixing.
The values of tolerances could be left the same,
but reducing them would likely be useful.

BTW long double usually has 53- or 64-bit precision, not 106.
I think that gcc has a __float128 type that would do most of what you want.
It does literals, but not formatted IO.
Problem reformulation might be a better choice.

--
Michael   address@hidden
"Sorry but your password must contain an uppercase letter, a number,