[Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Using glp_exact() after glp_simplex() has ti

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Re: [Fwd: Using glp_exact() after glp_simplex() has timed out]]
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2017 17:59:07 +0300

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Brendan McKay <address@hidden>
To: Andrew Makhorin <address@hidden>
Cc: address@hidden
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] [Fwd: Using glp_exact() after glp_simplex() has
timed out]
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2017 23:20:48 +1000

Thanks.  So far I have been successful with calling glp_adv_basis
if glp_simplex times out.  After that, glp_exact has so far (in many
thousands of cases) always succeeded.

The reason I want glp_exact is that I am proving mathematical
theorems and can't rely on correct rounding of approximate
numbers.  In particular, if the floating-point solution is very close
to an integer I need to know for sure whether it is below, equal
or above the integer.  All the input coefficients are integers.

Thanks for this impressive software.

Brendan.