Re: [Help-glpk] glp_intopt runs forever (related to Dusan Plavak's issue

From: Dušan Plavák
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] glp_intopt runs forever (related to Dusan Plavak's issue)
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2017 11:41:02 +0200

Hi Chris,

we found out that the looping forever on this example manifests on the version 4.59 onward i.e. with 4.58 it still ran successfully.

We tested all the versions from 4.58 to 4.61 on the same environment.

Best regards

On Mon, Jun 12, 2017 at 11:09 AM, Chris Matrakidis <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Rafael,

> even after scaling your model the ratio between minimum and maximum
> coefficient in the matrix is very big. See below.

I agree that Heinrich's explanation is the most likely one. However I
am curious why this change of behaviour happened with version 4.61.
There are no changes in this version that should affect the simplex
method execution. Did you change anything else in your environment
(like C compiler or compilation flags)? Or are you comparing against
an older version of GLPK (and if so which one)?

Best Regards,

Chris Matrakidis