RE: GLPK finds a solution that violates a constraint

From: Meketon, Marc
Subject: RE: GLPK finds a solution that violates a constraint
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 22:07:31 +0000

My guess:  You have a numerically unstable constraint.

If x=20, y=10 and x - y + 1000000 * z = 1000000, then z = 0.99999.  This is
most likely 'close enough' for the solver to believe  z  is 1.0.

I'm not aware of any parameter using glpsol.exe to set a tolerance.  Also,
using '--exact' math also does not seem to help.

-Marc