Re: installing gnatsweb

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: installing gnatsweb
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2001 20:36:01 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Mar 2001, Wes Barris wrote:
> Is there any documentation on installing gnatsweb other than what is
> in the file gnatsweb-2.7beta.tar.gz?  I am new to gnats and gnatsweb
> and have spent weeks trying to get gnatsweb to work without any luck.
>
> I have installed gnats on a Redhat 7.0 system by installing the following
> two rpms:
>
> address@hidden rpm -qa | fgrep gnats
> gnats-3.113-5
> gnats-db-3.113-5
>
> I have downloaded gnatsweb from here:
>
> ftp://sources.redhat.com/pub/gnats/contrib/gnatsweb-2.7beta.tar.gz

My recommendation would be to use the CVS version of GNATS and gnatsweb
as you'll find them on http://sources.redhat.com/gnats/.

I do hope we can have some GNATS 3.99 (or even 4.0) soon, and I noticed
that Milan has been doing quite some work during the last months.

> I must be doing something wrong but I don't know what.  Does anyone
> use gnatsweb?  Does it really work?  HELP!

Yes, it works, and we're using it on gcc.gnu.org, for example; the problem
is that GNATS 3.x and GNATS 4.x/current development versions are not
compatible. I hope the situation will improve a lot, once we have a
new release of GNATS, the first for more than half a decade!

If you have any improvements for the documention of gnatsweb as it is in
the current CVS sources, patches will be *extremely* welcome.

In fact, *any* help with gnatsweb (patches, docs,...) are most welcome!

Gerald
--
Gerald "Jerry" address@hidden http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/