Re: Gnatsweb: patch to add stylesheet support

From: Gerald Pfeifer
Subject: Re: Gnatsweb: patch to add stylesheet support
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 10:15:15 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Yngve Svendsen wrote:
> The following patch adds the ability to have an external stylesheet linked
> to all pages generated by Gnatsweb. It is against the version in the
> current GNATS 4 CVS.

That patch did not apply automatically (it seems your mailer lost
spaces?), but I added it manually. Thanks for the patch!

Note that we also need ChangeLog entries for patches. I wrote the
following for you this time, though it'd be great could you supply
them in the future.

  2001-03-21  Yngve Svendsen  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl: New configuration variable $site_stylesheet.
        (page_start_html): Use it.

> Gerald: Isn't it a good idea to change the version number of the
> development Gnatsweb in CVS to distinguish it from the version that works
> with GNATS 3.x? I would suggest going to "4.0-dev". In the future, version
> numbers don't need to be synced between GNATS and Gnatsweb, but I think it
> is a good idea to use a common starting point for version 4, since older
> versions of Gnatsweb won't work with GNATS 4. Does that make sense?

Yes, a lot of sense, though I'd prefer 3.95, which also leaves a bit of
room for signifcant bumps before 4.0 in case we need that.

I installed the following:

  2001-03-21  Gerald Pfeifer  <address@hidden>

        * gnatsweb.pl ($VERSION): Bump to 3.95.

> Next, I'll be going through some of the HTML constructs produced by
> Gnatsweb in order to make them more amenable to formatting with
> stylesheets. Expect more patches soon.

Great. In that case I'd like to give you CVS write access and preapprove
these changes (that is, you can go ahead and commit them w/o any further
approval), especially as I'll be out-of-town and offline for about two
weeks starting next weekend.

Please contact me privately for details!

Also, if you're interested in fixing the HTML output of gnatsweb,
you  might want to have a look at the bug report at
<http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/gnatsweb.pl?cmd=view&pr=961&database=gcc>

Thanks for your contributions!
Gerald
--