Re: gnats/303: GNATS 4.0 Makefile Error

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: gnats/303: GNATS 4.0 Makefile Error
Date: 01 Dec 2001 21:53:21 +0100

    YS> Let's worry about this limitation after 4.0.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about it anytime.  (Of course,
anybody else can volunteer and provide appropriate patches.)

    DB> put another way, if this impacts folks that pull the tree from
    DB> cvs, but *not* folks who download the source tarball,

This is what I meant, provided the source tarball is available only for
released versions (including beta versions).

    DB> i don't want to see gnats become one of those annoying packages
    DB> that requires the user to download all sorts of packages just to
    DB> see if it's worth using (like gnucash).  it ought to build on
    DB> OS's like solaris without a pitched battle.

Yes, this is required by the GNU coding standards; but it needn't apply
to development snapshots, IMO.

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

--