Problem setting up GNATSWEB

From: David Padilla
Subject: Problem setting up GNATSWEB
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:53:49 -0800 (PST)

Hi -

I am trying to set up gnats and gnatsweb, and I'm having some problems
with the latter.

I've set up and tested Gnats 3.113.  Then I tried to install GnatsWeb
2.8.2.  I've followed the instructions in the INSTALL file, and everything
is fine up to the step where I run the 'make test' of the gnats database.
(My set up passes the test.)  I then installed gnatsweb.pl and
gnatsweb-site.pl in a cgi-enabled directory on the server.

My problem is that the gnatsweb.pl program does not seem to work.  When I
go to
  http://{my_web_server}/cgi/gnats/gnatsweb.pl
I get a box asking whether I want to open the file in its present location
or save it to disk.  If I attempt to open it, then I briefly see a
small blank screen which then disappears.

Are there other steps I need tp perform?
Should the variable $site_gnats_host = 'localhost' be set to the
{my_web_server} above?

Any help at will be appreciated.  I've been working on this for weeks now,
and I'm at the end of my rope.

-David Padilla
Protein Data Bank