Re: gnats/295: Query problems with gnats/gnatsweb 4

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Re: gnats/295: Query problems with gnats/gnatsweb 4
Date: 08 Dec 2001 10:28:52 +0100

    LH> I have been experimenting and it seems that my gnatsd does not accept
    LH> spaces in query expressions. A sample session follows.

Strange, strange.  I can't reproduce it nor I've got any idea what it
could be caused by.  Spaces in query expressions work and it's unlikely
they have actually anything to do with the problem directly.

Can anyone else reproduce the problem below?

Regards,

Milan Zamazal

    LH> Regards
    LH> Lars Henriksen

    LH> Script started on Fri Dec  7 13:19:29 MET 2001
    LH> ]0;address@hidden:/vol/PdTools/gnats/gnatsweb-2.9.351$ telnet
localhost 1530
    LH> ]0;telnet to localhostTrying 127.0.0.1...
    LH> Connected to 127.0.0.1.
    LH> Escape character is '^]'.
    LH> 200 cluster2.netman.dk GNATS server 4.0-alpha ready.
    LH> chdb default
    LH> 210-Now accessing GNATS database 'default'
    LH> 210 User access level set to 'view'
    LH> user lh *
    LH> 210-Now accessing GNATS database 'default'
    LH> 210 User access level set to 'edit'
    LH> qfmt summary
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> expr category="test"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 300 PRs follow.
    LH>        1 lhe      test     suspended non-criti low      unknown    My
test
    LH>        2 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      unknown    Test
    LH>        3 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti medium   unknown    test
    LH>        4 gnats-ad test     analyzed  serious   medium   unknown    test
# 4
    LH>        5 gnats-ad test     analyzed  serious   medium   unknown    Demo
    LH>        6 gnats-ad test     open      non-criti low      unknown
tksendpr test
    LH>       11 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman     test
of local submitter-id
    LH>       12 gnats-ad test     closed    serious   medium   netman
testing queue-pr
    LH>       13 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman
another cron test
    LH>      288 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   netman     cron
and queue-pr
    LH>     1293 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   netman
gnats on Digital Unix 4.0 (marvin)
    LH>     2010 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   netman     Test
of queue-pr with debug flag.
    LH>     3708 gnats-ad test     open      critical  medium   unknown    Test
af query-pr
    LH>     3842 gnats-ad test     open      non-criti medium   unknown    Test
of Finn Bock gnats pr submit
    LH>     3948 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   unknown
Duplicate reports
    LH>     3949 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   unknown
Duplicate reports
    LH>     3950 gnats-ad test     open      non-criti medium   unknown    Cron
problem
    LH>     3967 gnats-ad test     open      serious   medium   netman     View
access only?
    LH>     3968 lh       test     analyzed  serious   high     netman
First Gnats 4.0 PR from Gnatsweb
    LH>     3969 lh       test     analyzed  serious   medium   netman     New
PR with send-pr 4.0
    LH> .
    LH> rset
    LH> 210 Reset state.
    LH> expr category = "test"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 220 No PRs match.
    LH> rset
    LH> 210 Reset state.
    LH> expr category="test"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> expr state="closed"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 300 PRs follow.
    LH>        2 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      unknown    Test
    LH>        3 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti medium   unknown    test
    LH>       11 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman     test
of local submitter-id
    LH>       12 gnats-ad test     closed    serious   medium   netman
testing queue-pr
    LH>       13 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman
another cron test
    LH> .
    LH> rset
    LH> 210 Reset state.
    LH> expr category="test" & state="closed"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 220 No PRs match.
    LH> rset
    LH> 210 Reset state.
    LH> expr category="test"&state="closed"
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 300 PRs follow.
    LH>        2 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      unknown    Test
    LH>        3 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti medium   unknown    test
    LH>       11 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman     test
of local submitter-id
    LH>       12 gnats-ad test     closed    serious   medium   netman
testing queue-pr
    LH>       13 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman
another cron test
    LH> .
    LH> rset
    LH> 210 Reset state.
    LH> expr (category="test") & (state="closed")
    LH> 415 Invalid expression.
    LH> expr (category="test")&(state="closed")
    LH> 210 Ok.
    LH> quer
    LH> 300 PRs follow.
    LH>        2 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      unknown    Test
    LH>        3 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti medium   unknown    test
    LH>       11 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman     test
of local submitter-id
    LH>       12 gnats-ad test     closed    serious   medium   netman
testing queue-pr
    LH>       13 gnats-ad test     closed    non-criti low      netman
another cron test
    LH> .
    LH> quit
    LH> 201 Later.