Re: Adding critical to Priority field

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: Adding critical to Priority field
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:26:38 +0100 (MET)

    Rajesh> 1) Remove the severity field from gnats web and PR
    Rajesh> email

I remember that some fields are hard-coded in GNATS.  severity
and priority may be two of them (think the automated reminders if
a PR with severity=critical and priority=high is not analyzed for
so-and-so-many buisiness hours).

With 3.1xx versions of GNATS, you may have keep these fields.
The upcoming version 4.0 is much more configurable.  If your
version claims to be 3.999.something, you have got a 4.0 beta.
In this case, my above comments are probably out-of-date.

    Rajesh> 2) In priority I need to add critical along with
    Rajesh> High, low and medium ( I added critical on
    Rajesh> gnatsweb.pl but when it goes through Queue-pr and
    Rajesh> file -pr my default value is medium.)

*If* it is configurable, then there is a file in the
<database-dir>/gnats-adm directory.  I did not see it in my 3.111
installation (3.113.1 is the most recent 3.xxx version).  Again,
I am sure this will be configurable in 4.0.

    Rajesh> 3) When the state or responsible person is changed we
    Rajesh> get an email with link to the PR but on submitting a
    Rajesh> new PR the receiver doesn't get a link for the very
    Rajesh> first time along with description, priority,
    Rajesh> etc..... How do I add a link to the PR that is
    Rajesh> generated the very first time?

I think you only get this link when you made the change via
gnatsweb, so it may be a gnatsweb feature.  Gnatsweb would run
into a sort of hen-and-egg problem here: It does not yet kno the
report number when it generates the mail.

With 4.0, you can configure the messages that are sent on various
occasions, so it is no problem to add the link.

    Rajesh> 4) Adding another database to Gnats!! The
    Rajesh> documentation on gnats site doesn't explain much
    Rajesh> about it. ( Any previous documentation if you could
    Rajesh> refer that would be great)

Ah, the upcoming FAQ starts to pay for itself.  :-)

This question is already answered at

     http://www.ha-schneider.de/software/gnats/faq_3.html

Please do not bookmark this URL; the FAQ location will probably
change.  This is only a first attempt which I did not want to
place on an official server.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider           <address@hidden>
Siemens AG                      phone:  (+49) 89 636 45445