Re: Multiple Database on Gnats3.113.1 and Gnatsweb 2.9.3

From: Hans-Albert Schneider
Subject: Re: Multiple Database on Gnats3.113.1 and Gnatsweb 2.9.3
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2002 12:32:50 +0100 (MET)

    ZS> I just wonder how to make Gnats3.113.1 and Gnatsweb2.9.3
    ZS> support multiply DB.  I want to make one DB according to
    ZS> one project. But it seems just adding a line in
    ZS> /etc/gnats-db.conf can't works.

Please see the FAQ at
    http://www.gnu.org/software/gnats/doc/faq/gnats-faq_3.html#SEC12

In short: "initialize" the new database, and create a separate
set of mail aliases.

The FAQ forgets to mention that you must enter the new mail
address in new-db-dir/gnats-adm/config (GNATS_ADDR=...).  I'll
update this.

    ZS> When I submit a new PR in gnatsweb, it is still submitted
    ZS> into the old DB directory.

That's probably because you use the mail aliases of the old
database.

    ZS> And When query in gnatweb on the new DB, the
    ZS> PRs in the old one is still checked out.

I am confused by this.

Are you sure the entry in gnats-db.conf points to the right
directory?  Does the new directory contain gnats-adm,
gnats-queue, and the sub-directories for the categories?

Does everything in the new db directory belong to the gnats user
(and is readable and writeable by it)?

    ZS> I know gnat4 have been released for monthes.

It is still beta (officially), but seems to be pretty usable.

    ZS> And it support multiple DB very well.

I am running 3.111, with multiple databases.  So I can confirm
that it works, even with pre-4.0. :-)

    ZS> But I have made some changes on Gnats3 and Gnatweb2
    ZS> before Gnats4 released in order to make it support Asian
    ZS> languages better. So I can't use the new Gnats4 before it
    ZS> support Asian better. It's a pity......

Internationalization is on the agenda only for post-4.0, sorry.

Hans-Albert

--
Hans-Albert Schneider           <address@hidden>
Siemens AG                      phone:  (+49) 89 636 45445