Re: gnatsweb and cookies

From: Dirk Bergstrom
Subject: Re: gnatsweb and cookies
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 12:55:23 -0800

On 3/12/2002 11:32 AM, Michael Richardson opined:
>   Any change that there might a way to have view-only access to gnatsweb.pl
> and not need any cookies? Ideally a URL that I could give out that would pull
> up the view mode, but not go through any authentication at all, and not
> require that cookies be enabled?

well, it would certainly be possible to convince gnatsweb to work that way.

i don't know that it would be easy, and i'm not sure that it would be
worth the trouble.  if all you want is the ability to pull up a PR given
a PR number, i'd suggest a simple cgi wrapper around query-pr (with
*lots* of input checking...).  this will take a lot less time and
trouble, and give you what you need.

--
Dirk Bergstrom                   address@hidden
Computer Geek                     v: 707.433.0564

"it *looks* like a nail; lemme grab my hammer..."