Re: gnatsweb problem

From: Mike Hoolehan
Subject: Re: gnatsweb problem
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2002 10:24:10 -0400

Bill,
    Put a *:listdb in your gnatsd.host_access file.  Then telnet to your
gnats machine on port 1529 (default).  If you get a gnats response, then
Lars is correct that the host was being denied access before.  You can then
tweak the gnatsd.host_access file to only allow access to the localhost or
whatever.

If that doesn't fix the problem, I would recommend checking your xinetd
config (assuming you are using that).  Make sure you have something like
this in your /etc/xinetd.d/ dir:
service support
   {
      disable   =       no
      socket_type   =   stream
      protocol  =       tcp
      wait  =           no
      user  =           gnats
      server    =       /usr/local/libexec/gnats/gnatsd
      server_args   =   gnatsd
   }

and reload xinetd.

If it helps, here's my gnastd.access
mike:$0$mike:edit:default,af,mb
dave:$0$dave:edit:default,af,mb
andrea:$0$andrea:edit:default,af,mb

and gnatsd.host_access
127.0.0.1:listdb:

from a working installation.  As a note, when testing this, I recommend
just telnetting to 1529.  There's fewer variables (perl, apache, etc) that
will get in the way.

Mike