Looking for a new GNATS maintainer

From: Milan Zamazal
Subject: Looking for a new GNATS maintainer
Date: 16 Sep 2002 08:51:39 +0200

As I've announced a few weeks ago, I'm going to quit the GNATS
development.  When I write to RMS about it, I'd like to suggest him a
new maintainer.  Is there anyone here to take the maintenance over?
Please note that there's a little chance that someone outside this list
is interested in that work, so if you need GNATS and like to have it
maintained (patches applied, bugs fixed, new versions released
occasionally, ...), you should consider to take the responsibility.

It's not an especially difficult work, it only requires to spend a small
amount of time on bug fixing etc. at regular intervals.

Most work on the GNATS 4.0 has already been done.  Thanks to several
contributors, the manual and other documentation was updated from 3.113
to 4.0, all the necessary features are present, the build process was
cleaned up, numerous bugs were fixed, other bugs should be at least
reported, often with suggestions/patches how to fix them.  So all that
must be done is to walk through the GNATS BTS and to handle what's
there.  Then GNATS 4.0beta2 can be released and when no new significant
bugs appear, GNATS 4.0 can be released.

Thanks,

Milan Zamazal

--
It's amazing how much better you feel once you've given up hope.
                                                (unknown source)