Cannot send new PR after editing a PR using GNATS/TkGNATS

From: David Miller
Subject: Cannot send new PR after editing a PR using GNATS/TkGNATS
Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 08:20:27 +0200

We are running GNATS 3.113.1 and TkGNATS 3.0.16 on Solaris 5.6 UltraSparc.
When we edit a PR in TkGNATS
it takes the new data and we are able to save it. When we try to add a new
PR, it doesnt appear on the query list
in TkGNATS. After examining the files in gnats-queue and gnats-adm, we saw:

- index is owned by $USER and $GROUP after running npr-edit and does not
contain the new PR
- the PR that was edited is also owned by $USER , $GROUP after running
npr-edit
- the new PR in gnats-queue remains as a hidden file (pre-appended with a
'.')
- the new PR is filed correctly under the proper category/directory

Since the npr-edit program appears to be owned by the person editing, it
prevents further updates
by other users. What can we do to remedy this problem ?

Thanks,
David Miller <<tkgnats.config>>
Alvarion, Ltd.
BreezeCOM and Floware unite
www.alvarion.com

David Miller
VLSI engineer

21A Habarzel St
Ramat Hahayal
PO Box 13139, Tel Aviv 61131, Israel
e-mail: address@hidden
Phone: +972(3) 6456627
Fax:     +972(3) 6456201

This transmission and any files attached to it, may contain confidential
and/or privileged information and
intended only for the named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that any
disclosure, reproduction, retransmission, dissemination, disclosure, copying
or any use of the information or
files contained is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please notify the sender by
reply transmission and delete this electronic mail.