Re: My Help

From: Mark D. Baushke
Subject: Re: My Help
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:14:28 -0800

Domi <address@hidden> writes:

> I found a rpm (gnats-3.113-5.i386.rpm) and i install it correctly.
> I have gnatsweb-2.9.3.tar but after running the gnatsweb.pl in the cgi-bin i
> have this error message :
>
> host localhost, port 1529
> connect: Connection refused
>
> Please help

You likely need to make sure that your inetd.conf or xinetd.conf file is
properly configured to allow connections to port 1529 to spawn a gnatsd
executable.

There should be a p-inst.texi or gnats.info* files which may be read to
find the exact details for installation, if you have xinetd the
instructions may be too old...

If you have an inetd.conf file, the line looks something like:

support stream  tcp     nowait  gnats   /usr/local/etc/gnatsd gnatsd

(presuming you also have a 'support 1529/tcp' line in your /etc/services
file).

If you are using xinetd (recent redhat releases), then the syntax of
that file differ from the inetd.conf files. The line will be replaced by
a file in the /etc/xinetd.d directory

It should probably be called 'support' to mach the entry in your
/etc/services file. Depending on where gnatsd was located, it might look
something like this: