Pls help-Error: cannot understand ''

From: Mala T
Subject: Pls help-Error: cannot understand ''
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 10:31:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi

My gnatsweb used to run fine, but suddenly(we hadn't
accessed gnats in like a month or so) I am getting the
error on the login page as follows.

Error: cannot understand ''
Error: cannot understand ''

The list of databases is empty too.

When I do perl gnatsweb.pl, from all the error
messages I got,it looks like a variable called $state
has no value/is uninitialized..

When I telnet to the port 1529 of the machine where
gnatsd runs, I get the message "connection to host
lost" immediately.

None of the gnats related files have been changed
recently.

Can anyone tell me how I may solve this problem?

Thanks a lot,
Mala