Re: GNATS debian package cleanups

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: GNATS debian package cleanups
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 10:53:41 -0500

More cleanup notes.  It looks like there was a couple missing manpages
for gnats.  "getclose" was one of them.  I wrote a new manpage a couple
nights ago using the existing ones as a template.  It is attached.

I also realized that the install-sid shell script did not have a
manpage.  In researching the script to find out what it did, I was
puzzled as to why it even existed.  All it does is replace the
Submitter-Id environment variable in the send-pr script.   The send-pr
script already references a configuration file (shell script),
/etc/gnats/send-pr.conf, to override the default variables in the script
itself.

Does anyone see a need to keep install-sid around?  In order to use it
on a send-pr installed in /usr/bin, the user must be root anyway.  It is
an administrator tool, and as an administrator, I cringe at the prospect
of having to remount /usr as read-write just to change a shell
environment variable in some random script.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/