Re: Changes to gnatsweb.pl

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: Changes to gnatsweb.pl
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 11:33:12 -0500

Stuart Stevens wrote:
> 1.  After the submit, the following web page displays the new PR
>     number which the user can click on.

Sweet!  I would assume that you can submit patches through the Savannah
interface[1]_ for gnatsweb[2]_.

> 2. Sections were added by creating dummy field entries in the GNATS
>    database.  Each field began with the word "Separator" and the
>    description field contained the text of the separation.

That sounds like a hack.  Effective, no doubt, but hackish.  What do you
mean by "sections"?

>    Quick links were added to the top of the web page.  "edit" or
>    "submit" buttons were added to the "view" and "edit" pages.

Useful.  However, isn't the "edit" and "submit" buttons already shown on
the view and edit pages, respectively?

> 3. If field is Notes than blank it on the edit screen.  This was
>    needed to support the pseudo append-only field.

Hmm...  Perhaps we should look to support append-only fields in GNATS
itself.  This sounds like a nice workaround for gnatsweb.

> 4. Load a database specific $gnatsweb_site_file if it exists.  This
>    was added after init_prefs().

That's useful. ;-)