gnatsd problems with 4.0.1

From: Tim Buck
Subject: gnatsd problems with 4.0.1
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 13:22:59 -0500

I'm trying to build gnats 4.0.1 on a FreeBSD 5.3/amd64 platform.
It compiles OK, but segfaults when invoked. So I built it with
CFLAGS="-g -Wall" to get debugging symbols in the binary, but this
binary doesn't segfault!

However, the debugging binary doesn't work correctly. Some commands
(such as DBLS) work, but most EXPR commands return "415 invalid
expression" (the same expressions work in gnats 4.0).

Since 4.0 seems to work correctly, I'm sticking with it for now.
But I'd like to stay current, so if you have any ideas about what's
going on please share them! I'll be happy to provide further info
as needed.

Tim Buck * Information Technology Manager * Recognition Research, Inc.
PHONE +1 540 961-6500 * FAX +1 540 961-3568 * EMAIL address@hidden
No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the
American People -- P. T. Barnum