Re: where is log file

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: where is log file
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:17:45 -0600

LAN Yufeng <address@hidden>  wrote:
> Can I have a log file of all requests recieved by gnatsd server? I
> need it for debug purpose, I want to know what messages are
> receicved. Or should i use tcpdump?

Logging has been a planned, yet unaddressed feature for quite some
time.  There's a framework in place, but it doesn't appear to be used.
If you're willing to crack open the code and do a little
customization, you could probably get some useful info.  Otherwise
tcpdump would probably be your best bet.  I think xinetd can do
connection logging as well.

I would like to get logging addressed post 4.2 release.  I've been
pretty busy at work as of late and haven't been able to address
approving/applying patches to CVS lately.  I'll see if I can carve out
some time over the holidays.

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/