Re: $(sharedstatedir) and other questions

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: $(sharedstatedir) and other questions
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 11:31:48 -0600

Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>  wrote:
> So, to "fix" this, I've added a configure option called
> "--enable-gnats-sysconfdir=NAME" that overloads the ${sysconfdir}

I've removed this option, switched to strict use of configure
supported options.  I am no longer using the automake variable
pkgdatadir and its associated variables.  I will commit the resulting
changes later today.  Shell scripts, manpages, and C-apps should all
work with paths set at configure time.  It might be interesting to do
pathname substitution within the gnats manual so it reflects the
configuration settings as well.

I still need to fix conditional compilation of Kerberos support, but
otherwise, I think we're pretty much done with the conversion.

> Apache provides a "--enable-layout=STYLE" configuration option where
> STYLE is "linux", "bsd", "gnu", "windows", "apache", "opt".  To
> provide this type of option, we would have to stay abreast of the
> latest trends in filesystem layout, but it would certainly be
> convenient for the administrator.

I'll leave this for another day and attend more pressing matters, like
getting Alex's changes reviewed.
--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/