Re: error in edit-pr

From: Chad Walstrom
Subject: Re: error in edit-pr
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2006 16:36:37 -0500

> I'm new to gnats. Gnats seems very good but I got a problem running
> edit-pr
>
> this is the error-message I have
> /usr/bin/edit-pr: line 253: unexpected EOF while looking for matching ``'
> /usr/bin/edit-pr: line 302: syntax error: unexpected end of file

Could you run edit-pr as "sh -x /path/to/edit-pr PR" and redirect
stderr to a log file?

$ sh -x /usr/bin/edit-pr 2 2>edit-pr.err

That way, you can see at which point in the shell command it errored
out at.  Another thing to consider is that edit-pr relies heavily upon
/usr/bin/query-pr and /usr/lib/gnats/pr-edit.

One of the problems with using shell for these interfaces is that
they're somewhat fragile and don't give great error reporting
messages.  You end up having to debug the "hard way."

> I installed gnats via debian on a powerpc computer any idea what
> could be missing ?
>
> send-pr and the email bridge do work.

OK.  Good.  Can you use pr-edit directly to change PR's?

--
Chad Walstrom <address@hidden>           http://www.wookimus.net/