Daylight savings time.

From: Gerald . Jean
Subject: Daylight savings time.
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 10:38:09 -0400

Hello Emacs-users,

I can't get Emacs to display the daylight savings time in the mode line?
Here is the setting of the relevent variables:

calendar-daylight-savings-starts's value is
(calendar-nth-named-day 1 0 4 year)

calendar-daylight-savings-ends's value is
(calendar-nth-named-day -1 0 10 year)

calendar-daylight-savings-starts-time's value is
120

calendar-daylight-savings-ends-time's value is
120

calendar-daylight-time-offset's value is
60

I also have the following lines in my ".emacs" file.

(setq display-time-mode t)
(setq display-time-format "%Y/%m/%d, %Hh%M")
(display-time)

Emacs keeps displaying the standard time and furthermore I am notified one hour
early for my coming appointments????

Any clue on how to fix this?  I am running Emacs 20.6 on a Window's NT box.  By
the way NT is displaying the correct time, i.e. daylight
savings time???

Thanks,

Gérald Jean
Analyste-conseil (statistiques), Actuariat
télephone            : (418) 835-4900 poste (7639)
télecopieur          : (418) 835-6657
courrier électronique: gerald.jean@spgdag.ca

"In God we trust all others must bring data"  W. Edwards Deming