Re: Cant seem to figure out how to rebind key

From: David Forrest
Subject: Re: Cant seem to figure out how to rebind key
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 20:06:28 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 12 Sep 2001, Michael Garcia wrote:

> Hello, I was recently given Exceed to run an Xclient on my NT box.
> When I log into the server which is running the Common Desktop
> Environment (CDE) under Solaris 2.6 and launch emacs, the Meta key is
> bound to my Esc key.  What I want to be able to do is change it to
> bind it to the Alt key that I'm so used to using.

the ESC-(char...) sequence is an alternate prefix that means the same as
the M-(char) modifier, so you need not change it so ESC doesn't
work.  However, you do need to figure out your Exceed bindings.  I havent
used it in a while, but I think down on the start par while its running,
there's a configure or settings tab, and somehwere in there there should
be a setting.    I kinda like turning on the Exceed Toolbar, and then the
config menu is a button on there also.

> Can you please point me in the right direction on how to change this?

I'm sorry if this isn't much help.

Dave.
--
 Dave Forrest                                dforrest@virginia.edu