Re: A simpler Info dir file for non-programmers

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: A simpler Info dir file for non-programmers
Date: 26 Sep 2001 14:13:47 +0900

Chong Yidong <yidong@stanford.edu> writes:
> Personally, I [tab] through menu-items.

Gee, I didn't even know you could do that... useful tip!

> The trouble with `1,2,...,9' is that the menu items themselves are not
> numbered. Since there are no visual cues available, one has to count
> the menu-items manually, which I find annoying and error-prone.

Yeah, that the same complaint I have; the number keys really only seem
useful for entries 1-3 or so.  [entries #4 and #9 are highlighted by
giving the `*' a special face, but I don't find this makes much
difference]

-Miles
--
o The existentialist, not having a pillow, goes everywhere with the book by
  Sullivan, _I am going to spit on your graves_.