emacs(client|server) vs. gnu(client|server)

From: Luis O. Silva
Subject: emacs(client|server) vs. gnu(client|server)
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:27:21 +0400

Dear Emacs community,

In my personal Gnu/Linux system with Emacs 21.1.1 I've been
using emacs(client|server) for some time and I'm very happy
with it. Recently I read about gnu(client|server) and, from
the context, I inferred that it works as
emacs(client|server). In the emacs documentation available on
my system there is no information about gnu(client|server)
(well, more precisely, my search failed).

Could anybody, please, clarify me the difference between these
uses of emacs? Is gnu(client|server) a standard package of
emacs? Where can I find information on this?

Thank you very much in advance,
luis

--
Luis Octavio Silva P.