Re: light versions of emacs and getting it to start faster

From: kgold
Subject: Re: light versions of emacs and getting it to start faster
Date: 19 Sep 2002 13:22:05 GMT

For me the best answer to "how do I get emacs to start faster" is to
start it once at login and then run gnuserv. Run emacs as a server
and use gnuclient to attach additional processes to it.

I start emacs about once a month, so I don't really care about the 5
second startup.

Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646