Re: Emacs 21.2, smtpmail, and vm

From: Chris Hall
Subject: Re: Emacs 21.2, smtpmail, and vm
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 06:18:55 GMT

On Mon, 03 Feb 2003 09:25:45 +0100
kai.grossjohann@uni-duisburg.de (Kai Großjohann) wrote:

> Chris Hall <hall.cj@verizon.net> writes:
>
> > If I set smtpmail-auth-credentials as specified in the smtpmail
> > preface comments, '("smtp hostname" 25 "username" "passord")'
> > smtpmail-try-auth-methods won't find *any* credentials, and
> > immediately sends 'MAIL FROM:' to my ISP, which then says
> > 'authorization required', and closes the connection.
>
> I think it should be a list of such lists, like so:
>
> (setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
>       '( ("host" 25 "user" "passwd")
>          ("anotherhost"25 "otheruser" "verysecret") ))
>
> --
> A turnip curses Elvis

Thanks, kai.  I tried that, too, but with one list element as a
filename, like the comments in the file suggested, thinking it would use
the first match it found, and go through the list in order.  Which it
did, but the issue isn't there - it is in the code reading the list, it
seems to me, after the debugging session?

I mean this *is* development code I got out of CVS, isn't it?

--
"No nation can preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare."
-- James Madison, Secretary of State to Mr. Jefferson, and 4th President