Re: replace C-s with C-f

From: John Russell
Subject: Re: replace C-s with C-f
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 22:15:36 -0500

Here is a sniplet from my init file. It's commented out, because I've wholly given up on making Emacs work how I wish. It's obviously much smarter than me. I'd advise you to do the same. ;) ...

I've been reading this thread and I just wanted to chime in because I'm nosy and can't help myself. Pretty much all of the keybindings talked about here exists as standard emacs key-bindings. I suppose that it is a matter of preference, but in my experience of trying to to reset standard emacs keys, I always find myself stepping on other cool keybindings which I have to remap to other keybidings which step on other cool keybindings .........

I know that emacs is way smarter than I am. I've decided that someone put the keybindings there because they just work. Just a thought.

;*old code* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
;(global-set-key [(control f)] 'isearch-forward-regexp)
;(global-set-key [(control F)] 'isearch-backward-regexp)
;(global-set-key [(control r)] 'query-replace-regexp)

;(mapcar
; '(lambda (map)
;    (define-key map [(control f)] 'isearch-repeat-forward)
;    (define-key map [(control F)] 'isearch-repeat-backward)
;    (define-key map [(tab)] 'isearch-complete)
;    (define-key map [(control s)] (lookup-key
;                                   global-map
;                                   [(control s)]))
;    (define-key map [(control r)] (lookup-key
;                                   global-map
;                                   [(control r)])))
; (list isearch-mode-map minibuffer-local-isearch-map))

--
Le