Re: kill-region cause emacs window lost focus

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: kill-region cause emacs window lost focus
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 18:52:52 GMT

changzhouwang@yahoo.com (czwang) writes:

> I am using emacs 21.2.1 on Windows 2000 Professional. Sometimes, when
> I use C-w (kill-region) or C-k (kill-line), after the region or line
> is deleted, the emacs window lost the input focus, and I have to click
> (use mouse) my emacs window so that I can continue the typing.
>
> Has anyone here experienced the same thing? Is there anyway to fix
> this?

I use same version as you on w2k and xp... I've never seen that.  More
than likely you have an app installed that has a global keyboard hook
installed or one that has called RegisterHotKey (The RegisterHotKey
function defines a system-wide hot key). I'd start closing other third
party apps one at a time to find out which one it is.