Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX

From: D. D. Brierton
Subject: Re: AucTeX problems on Mac OSX
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 11:22:33 +0100

On Fri, 04 Jul 2003 09:21:46 +0200, David Kastrup wrote:

> AFAIR, you set her up with a developer version of Emacs-21.  I am not
> too sure whether the Carbon version is up to snuff with regard to
> image support and its ilk, stuff that would be necessary to run, say,
> preview-latex <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net>.

Sadly, that is true. For the time being setting her up with just an
Aqua-fied/Carbon/whatever-its-called Emacs and AucTeX should suffice (it's
what everyone in her department uses, only on Linux or Solaris, so she can
get plenty of help with tweaking once it's working). Of course, as the
developer version of Emacs improves I will suggest that preview-latex gets
installed to. (BTW, I recently introduced a friend of mine whose doing a
PhD on string theory in the Maths Department here at Edinburgh to AucTeX
and preview-latex and he was amazed. Apparently neither he nor anyone else
in his group knew of either of them! Now people come into his office just
to see this amazing LaTeX authoring environment he has!)

D. D. Brierton            darren@dzr-web.com           www.dzr-web.com