Re: replacing a certain element in a list with another

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: replacing a certain element in a list with another
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 14:25:49 GMT

> It might be helpful to add a comment to the docstring or info page
> for nreverse saying that its argument is modified such that
> afterwards it is a 1-element list containing the last element of the
> reversed list.

I don't think this particular aspect of the behavior should be documented.
Maybe we should add a note saying "the argument should not be used
afterwards", but even that would not be very convincing.
I think the only reasonable thing to put is a "don't use this unless you
know what you're doing".

        Stefan