remote-compile

From: Richard Martin
Subject: remote-compile
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 12:26:31 +0000

Hi,

I am a bit of newbie with emacs but I am trying to setup my development
environment and I was wondering if this scenario was possible.

I have 2 machines one of which I run emacs on and the other I compile
on. Both machines have mounted dirs on which the code is. Every time I
kick off a remote-compile and select and error it goes off and retrieves
the file from the remote machine - even though my local machine can see
it and it is exactly the same file. Any ideas if it is possible to stop
emacs from ftping the file and using the local one? I think emacs is
using efs to ftp the file.

Many thanks
Richard