Re: Mail Authentication

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Mail Authentication
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:06:06 -0700

gebser@speakeasy.net wrote:

Finally I got emacs' mail working... to a degree.  I can send mail with
it, but only to users on the same machine.  If I try to send outside
(via my ISP), I get nothing.  That is to say, I know that emacs is
connecting to the ISP and handing off the email, but it never gets
delivered.  I suspect that the ISP is simply tossing it out due to lack
of authentication from me.

What does the *trace of SMTP session to foo* buffer contain (where foo is the
value of smtpmail-smtp-server)?

--
Kevin Rodgers