Re: to-do documentation

From: John Sullivan
Subject: Re: to-do documentation
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 23:15:56 -0400

"Dan Elliott" <dan_elliott_at_cox_dot_net@noSpam.org> writes:

> "Ryan Bowman" <rlb_emacs@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>> --- Dan Elliott
>> <dan_elliott_at_cox_dot_net@noSpam.org> wrote:
>>
>> > Hello,
>> >
>> > Is there any documentation of the todo mode?  I
>> > cannot find it in the emacs
>> > manual.  I need info on how to use it rather than
>> > what the commands so
>> > (which I can find in the emacs help)
>> >
>> > Thank you,
>> >
>> > Dan
>> >

>> Did you read the elisp file?  There is a short intro
>> on using the mode in the comments.
>>
>> You also might check on
>> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/CategoryTodo
>>
>> Ryan
>
> Ryan,
>
> Thanks!  I see that the current todo entries can be included in your
> single-day diary view as well!  This is very cool.  How are most people
> going about doing this?
>
> Are there any other cool things that can be done with the todo lists?

You might also be interested in PlannerMode at
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki?PlannerMode.

You can set it up in a variety of ways, but for to-do items, you can
make tasks that have hyperlinks that take you to the relevant
document, like the email message or the file on your disk. It can also
display the entries from your emacs diary on its plan pages.

-johnsu01