Re: customize versus own expressions in .emacs

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: customize versus own expressions in .emacs
Date: Thu, 07 Apr 2005 11:45:58 -0500

   >>> What I found works well for me is to put a bit of elisp at the beginning
   >>> of my .emacs file which tells emacs to look in my own .emacs.d directory
   >>> and load the files in that directory.
   >>
   >> And you aren't going to share this piece of code?  We have to work it out
   >> for ourselves? :->
   >>

   > Hey, half the fun of emacs is working that sort of stuff out yourself!
   > However, if someone really does want my bit of unworthy code, I'll provide
   > it.

   I want it.  I'm not looking for fun, I'm using Emacs! :->

As I think I may have mentioned somewhere else on this thread, I have
an alias causes emacs to run with '-l joes_loads.el' command line
argument.  This is, to me, a better idea than putting your own "own"
expressions in .emacs or even having the command to load them in the
.emacs, except in the case of code that really needs to be there
(e.g. as with frame configs), because this way you can drop the flag
or change it.

And, as you see, it is really a 0 line program.