Re: emacs and osx

From: Bob Hunter
Subject: Re: emacs and osx
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 17:19:42 GMT

Lute Kamstra wrote:
Bob Hunter <catdogbeloved@yahoo.com> writes:

... I bumped into this file:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cvs-backup/emacs-sources.tar.gz

Date: 13-Apr-2005 03:29
Size: 76.5M (compressed)

That's a backup of the CVS repository.  It contains the current state
of all files plus their entire history.

I just made a distribution tar.gz from current CVS and it's only 35M.
It unzips to a mere 125M.

I could download it with cvs without registering. It is much smaller...

This "editor" needs to go on diet...

We feel that it's important that you can play Tetris with Emacs.

Lute.

It never crossed my mind, and chances are that it never will. I always wondered the real utility of those extra files. It may be the case that emacs is a lisp interpreter and those are just demos? I would rather choose to have those "extras" than being forced to like them... I would be much happier if emacs would have a better menu (File, Edit, etc.) along the lines of ... any other application.

Bob