Re: Shortcut to change buffers?

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: Shortcut to change buffers?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:54:35 -0500

   But I don't think its very efficient that I need to type the buffers name
   (enventhough I can use TAB to auto complete).

I'm not so sure about that.  Of course, in general your mileage may
vary, depending on the actual names of your buffers & their order in
the buffer list.

But I think that in the worst case for typing/autocompleting, tabbing
doesn't save any keypresses (anyone care to confirm or deny that
statement?), whereas in the best case for typing, tabbing is
arbitrarily bad in comparison.

Moveover, displaying the buffers you're tabbing through, or even just
their names, can be distracting.  With typing, you don't see anything
you don't have to see.

But hey, whatever works for you.  Personally I just use one buffer for
everything (and no font lock).  J/K :)